Step 1 - Router Installation
- We recommend setting up the VPNinja router as an additional Wifi point on your home network (i.e. not replacing your existing Wifi router).
- To begin, take the Ethernet cable supplied with the VPNinja Router and attach one end to the Internet port (blue port) on your VPNinja router.
- Attach the opposite end of the cable to an open LAN port on your existing Wifi router.
- Plug in the power supply.
Step 2 - Connecting to the Router
- Use your computer or mobile device to search available Wifi connections for Ninja-Net
- When connecting to the Ninja-Net Wifi connection you will be prompted for a password. Type the password damntheman to connect.
Step 3 - Accessing the Configuration page
- Click Here to access the router network configuration page or open your Web Browser and navigate to 192.168.10.1
- When prompted, enter the username root and password sensei to enter the VPNinja router setup page.
- Click the Basic tab from the left navigation menu.
Step 4 - Setting the Modem Address
- Enter the IP Adress of your normal home router or modem in the Route Modem IP
- If you are unsure what your router IP address is there are several ways to find it. We suggest reading this article.
- Press the "Save" button at the bottom right of the window.
Step 5 - Starting the VPN
- Click Here to access the router VPN configuration page or click the VPN Tunneling tab from the left hand menu, then PPTP Client.
- Your router will come with the default server address of US1.ninserver.com which is a US-based VPNinja PPTP server. If you would like to change your server, follow these directions.
- Press the Start Now button at the bottom left of the page to connect your VPNinja router to the VPN service.
- It may take a few moments for your router to connect - so wait a few minutes, then try surfing the ENTIRE Internet.
* If you are unable to connect and require assistance - don't commit seppuku - just file a support ticket - and the VPNinja Squad will get back to you ASAP!