Recently, we've noticed that some of our users are facing problems to surf the internet after getting connected through OpenVPNinja. This happens due to a DNS problem. Just to you understand, DNS is a protocol within the set of standards for how computers exchange data on the Internet and on many private networks. Its basic job is to turn a user-friendly domain name - like "http://ninjasareawesome.com" - into an Internet Protocol (IP) address like 18.104.22.168 that computers use to identify each other on the network. It's like your computer's GPS for the Internet.
Some governments firewall or other nefarious net ne'er-do-well - breaks your internet by telling you the URL you're looking for is at an invalid IP address - and in the end is probably sending your browser to an IP address in the local government instead of to facebook, youtube, Hulu or other awesome web-based services you want to use.
To fix this problem, you just need to install the patch attached located at the bottom of the website. Also, the troubleshooting below helps you step by step how to install it.
1)Close the OpenVPNinja software which is located at the bottom right of your screen, click with the right button on the face and hit Exit.
2) Download the patch located on this page.
3)Click on the file to install it.
4) After the Patch is opened, click on "Patch".
5) After the Patch is installed, you will receive a successful message, click on "Ok" to proceed.
6) Now you can click on "Exit"
7) Please restart your computer and get connected to the servers normally.
8) Damn the Man, Surf the Entire Internet
- Once connected you can now surf the entire internet freely, as the elders of the internet intended.
- Connected successfully? Head over to VPNinja's facebook page to test and give us a like or two!